The Applied Precision Crop Production course will examine the application of precision technologies in the crop management process and some of the associated software which allows for their implementation.
Precision crop production is the application of precision farming technologies to manage spatial and temporal variability to improve crop performance and environmental quality. Precision farming has become established due to advances in technology that enable accurate geo-referencing, real-time data acquisition, sensing, telematics and variable rate application of inputs.
Areas covered on the Applied Precision Crop Production course include:
• Enabling production technologies
• Precision Crop Production Software
• Crop Production Mapping
• Crop Production/Protection
• Crop Nutrient and Water Use
• Socio-Economic Impacts
By the end of the Applied Precision Crop Production course, you will be able to:
• Understand precision farming tools that can manage climatic, biological and mechanical variability.
• Synthesise crop production and nutrient strategies that improve the use of inputs and optimise crop production outputs.
• Evaluate and select precision farming equipment and crop management technology to use a wide range of precision applications.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the socio-economic impact of precision agriculture.
Course Provider: Harper Adams University
Course Date: This course commences each January
Course Delivery: 4 Days Campus Workshops
Course Fee: £1200.00