The Contemporary Issues in Animal Science course introduces the latest research and contemporary practices in animal science and the challenges and opportunities this field faces in making livestock production sustainable in the 21st century.
You will explore how animal science offers solutions to each of these problems and the practical tools developed from advances in scientific research.
Upon completing the course, participants should have developed a well-rounded knowledge of animal science, its latest advances, and how these can be applied to current problems facing livestock production in the UK and beyond.
The course would be of apparent practical use to those working with livestock at any point in the supply chain. It would also benefit industry professionals looking to develop their understanding of animal science and its role in modern livestock production systems.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Critically evaluate the key issues facing livestock production in the 21st century
• Critically evaluate the challenges and opportunities facing applied animal science research in addressing these issues
• Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between fundamental and applied science
• Use appropriate tools to identify reliable information and literature on a given topic
• Communicate research findings clearly
Course Provider: University of Reading
Course Date: This course commences each January
Course Delivery: Distance Learning – 8-week online course
Course Fee: £700.00