The Understanding & Implementing EU Food Law course is designed to present a clear, accessible introduction to the food laws and regulations of the European Union. It will provide an excellent understanding of the current state of European Union food law and cutting-edge knowledge of current issues and possible changes.
Beginning with an overview of historical developments, you will explore the evolution of legislation into the current rules and regulations of existing European Union food law. With this robust foundation, you will then investigate key legislative topics (such as food labelling and food additives), the relationships between European Union institutions and member states, and the interaction of the European Union with other international bodies.
The European Union is a key, lucrative market for many countries worldwide, and ensuring compliance with its requirements is a significant issue for trade. The EU is also a leader in establishing effective food law and related control systems, with its legislation frequently used as a basis for national and regional food laws. As a result, this course would be of immediate importance to anyone working in a regulatory capacity. Still, the impact of food law affects every aspect of the agri-food industries, and so would be of importance to professionals employed in any capacity in the sector.
On completion of the Understanding & Implementing EU food Law course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the origins and background of European Union food legislation and describe its overall structure and critical components
• Explain the relationship between European Union law and national law (e.g. the UK)
• Access the legal requirements imposed on the food industry
• Assist food companies in compliance with legal obligations deriving from European Union food law
• More effectively participate in influencing the development of future European Union food law.
Course Provider: University of Reading
Course Date: This course commences each April
Course Delivery: Distance Learning – 8-week online course
Course Fee: £700.00