What motivates our food choices? Understanding why consumers choose a specific product and what makes them change brands can help every food manufacturer and retailer influence consumer decisions. This course offers insight that explains purchasing behaviour and features speakers who can help you influence your consumers.
The Understanding & Influencing Consumer Behaviour course will introduce you to consumer behaviour science and its importance to food manufacturers and retailers.
Consumer behaviour, broadly construed, is studying how individuals and groups select or choose the products or services they decide to use. Through online lectures and three days f campus workshops featuring speakers from academia and industry, participants will explore consumers’ underlying behavioural mechanisms, including identifying the range of factors that influence consumers and their purchasing behaviour. Also, you will develop an understanding of the sensory, psychological and socio-cultural factors that influence consumers and their behaviour.
On completion of the course, participants should be able to:
• Understand what consumer behaviour is and why it is vital to food manufacturers and retailers.
• Understand the needs and motivation of consumers when making food choices
• Understand consumer liking of and attitudes towards food
• Understand the key factors shaping food choices and consumption
• Understand the consumer decision making
• Profile customers into valuable and actionable market segments
• Understand how policy influences food marketing practices and consumer behaviour
Course Provider: University of Reading
Course Date: This course commences each October/November
Course Delivery: Blended Learning – 3-day workshop delivered online or on campus
Course Fee: £1500